Made the trip from Seoul to Pyeongchang late this morning and spent the rest of the day taking care of a million details. Here’s nine of them :
- Picked up my Opening Ceremonies ticket from the USOC.
- Signed the IOC “Photographer’s Undertaking” document and picked up my green armband. Received a stern warning that armband replacement takes least 24 hours.
- Signed in at Nikon.
- Did a quick walk of the cross-country stadium.
- Bantered with Paddy Calwell about the very “different” American flag on Team USA’s xc race hat. Attempted to distance myself from its creation.
- Caught a bit of Team Canada Cross-Country’s press conference at the MPC. Stayed long enough to hear Alex Harvey patiently explain that the cold weather shouldn’t be a factor because “…Canada is cold too.”
- Saw Ida. I think it was a different “Ida Sargent” with thumb issues, because this one seems great.
- Met Peggy Shinn. Peggy wrote this book.
- Had a ramen noodle soup that was as hot as the surface as the sun. Took a photo because my wife won’t believe I ate it.
All in all, a pretty good day.